Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
RingMOR may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- – To improve customer serviceInformation you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- – To personalize user experienceWe may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- – To improve our SiteWe may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- – To process paymentsWe may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- – To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site featureTo send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- – To send periodic emailsWe may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, they may do so by contacting us via our Site.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Remote Access Terms and Conditions
This is here simply for legal reasons. At RingMOR we consistently deliver what we promise and leave our customers happy with our service. However, should you have any concerns or if you are interested in your legal rights then please read through the following.
The term ‘RingMOR’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office can be found on Companies House. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Whilst we embark on taking all due care in the use of your computer, RingMOR cannot guarantee this service will resolve the IT problem or that the attempt to resolve technical issues will not cause additional problems requiring an onsite or back‐to‐base support call. RingMOR is not liable for any consequential damages and it is the client’s responsibility to backup all applications and data prior to the session.
Please close any personal or confidential information on your screen, as the technician will be viewing your desktop.
BEFORE YOU CHOOSE THE “DOWNLOAD” BUTTON ON THE REMOTE SUPPORT PAGE, CAREFULLY READ THE LIABILITY DISCLAIMER BELOW. BY USING THIS REMOTE SUPPORT SERVICE YOU UNDERSTAND THAT:
(1) REPRESENTING THAT YOU ARE OVER THE AGE OF 18 AND HAVE THE CAPACITY AND AUTHORITY TO BIND YOURSELF AND YOUR EMPLOYER, AS APPLICABLE, TO THE TERMS OF THE DISCLAIMER BELOW; AND (2) CONSENTING ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND/OR AS AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF YOUR EMPLOYER, AS APPLICABLE, TO BE BOUND BY THIS DISCLAIMER. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE DISCLAIMER, OR DO NOT REPRESENT THE FOREGOING, YOU WILL NOT AND MAY NOT RECEIVE REMOTE ACCESS SERVICES FROM RINGMOR. (3) ALLREMOTE SERVICE AND SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED AT THE CUSTOMER’S SOLE RISK. (4) YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BACKUP OF YOUR DATA AND APPLICATIONS. (5) RingMOR IS NOT LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND. (6) RingMOR IS NOT LIABLE FOR UNAUTORIZED ACCESS TO ANYBODY’S COMPUTERS VIA THE REMOTE SOFTWARE. (7) RingMOR WILL NOT DISCLOSE PASWORDS OR IDS TO ANY UNDISCLOSED 3RD PARTY.
The ability for RingMOR to remotely access your computer significantly enhances our ability to resolve your technical problem quickly. You understand that, by requesting such assistance, you are providing RingMOR technical support personnel with access to and control of your computer. In doing so, you could be providing RingMOR technical support personnel with access to files that reside on your computer therefore, you accept responsibility for any changes made to the desktop content or system settings. RingMOR does not assume and is not responsible for any liability for the linking and viewing of any desktop content, the operation of the remote access software or system performance. RingMOR recommends that, for your security and privacy, you exit any open applications that contain personal or confidential information before initiating a remote support session with the RingMOR representative. RingMOR further recommends that you remain seated at your desktop throughout the entire remote session. By accepting these terms and conditions, you acknowledge that remote intervention may in some cases result in data loss and/or software corruption on your computer therefore RingMOR explicitly recommends that you back up the data from your computer before accepting remote technical support. If you do not back up your data, you run the possibility of irretrievable loss of such data and RingMOR will not be liable for any data or extra costs incurred from 3rd parties, however caused.
In order to create this connection, you will download the software from a link that is emailed to you or the software will already have been installed at your consent. After use, the software installed can either be removed from your machine or left on for future use in either an activated or deactivated state. This choice is yours and you should indicate to the RingMOR technical support representative which option you prefer, by default the software installed left on for future use in either an activated or deactivated state.
This document was last updated on February 9, 2017